Tocovid SupraBio is a softgel capsule which contains Tocomin, a natural extract of palm phytonutrients consisting of mixed-tocotrienols, tocopherols, mixed carotenoids, phytosterols and squalene.
Mixed-tocotrienols are the key ingredient in Tocovid SupraBIo and they are the more potent form of Vitamin E compared with tocopherol.
The patented SupraBio delivery system is clinically proven to increase the tocotrienol absorption by 200 – 300% (US Patent 6, 596, 3056 B1)
Tocovid SupraBio can be taken anytime with or without food while maintaining a consistent and enhanced absorption of tocotrienols.
The Natural Protective Shield
Vitamin E is a class of natural fat-soluble vitamins, comprising 4 members of tocopherols and 4 members of tocotrienols. While tocopherols are found in abundance in nature, tocotrienols are only found mostly in palm oil.
Tocotrienols are the more superior form of Vitamin E, possessing many unique health beneficial properties not found with tocopherols. Tocotrienols are powerful antioxidants, being 40-60 times more potent that alpha-tocopherol. More importantly, tocotrienols have been discovered to provide protection to the brain and nerve cells from degeneration and death (neoroprotective properties), plus it is also beneficial in protecting the liver.
EVIDANCE OF NEUROPROTECTIVE PROPERTIES OF TOCOTRIENOLS
Professor Chandan Sen from The Ohio State University Medical Centre, USA showed that:
1. Tocotrienols at very low concentrations can prevent the death of brain cells and improved its viability during a stroke event during which noxious substances which are harmful to the brain cells are produced.
2. Tocotrienols not only prevent neurodegeneration, but were able to promote complete recovery of the neuronal cells.
3. The neuroprotective activity is attributed to the ability of tocotrienols to block two key enzymes (c-Src kinase and 12-Lox) which play key roles in the neuronal cell degeneration.
(Reference: Sen at al,. 2000; J Biol Chem; 275 (17): 13049-13055)
Protection against Stroke-Induced Brain Injury
Using animal model, Professor Sen also showed that tocotrienol-supplemented rats were protected against stroke-induced brain injury. During a stroke event, rats who were fed with tocotrienols (Tocomin) have reduced branin tissue damage when compared to rats not fed with tocotrienols.
(Reference: Khanna et al., 2005; Stroke; 36:e144-e152)
Neuroprotective in Human
1. Ultimate proof of tocotrienol neuroprotection property will be a randomised, double-blind controlled clinical study funded by Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) in collaboration with researchers from Universiti Sains Malaysia. The study is expected to complete by end of 2011. It involves volunteers with white matter lesions.
2. White matter lesions are white spots that appear in MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of the brain and are indictor of neuronal death or damage in the brain. The presence of white matter lesions also indicates a higher risk of future stroke for an individual.
3. More than a hundred volunteers were recruited into the trial and they are randomly assigned to receive either 200mg of Tocovid SupraBio
4. So far, open labelled volunteers have shown promising results with the volunteers supplemented with tocotrienols showed a significant reduction in the white matter lesions compared to those receiving placebo.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY OUTCOME
– Tocotrienols have protective effect against neuronal death and degeneration.
– In the presence of tocotrienols, neorons would stand a better chance of survival, resulting in a lesser extent of brain damage during a stoke event.
Protect Your Liver!
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) is the most common liver pathology worldwide in the general adult population. It is a silent disease that affects 90 percent of diabetic and obese people of all ages and 60 percent of Malaysians with high cholesterol levels. The increasing incidence of NAFLD and the lack proven treatment have raised much concern in the medical fraternity and general population.
A double-blind clinical study in human has been carried out by researchers from University Sains Malaysia. For the clinical study, 56 volunteers who have NAFLD were recruited into the study. They are randomly assigned to receive either 200mg of Tocovid SupraBio twice daily or identical looking placebo (dummy pills) twice daily
Terms & Conditions:
Return Policy: 7 days return or exchange policy
Return or exchange procedures
Effective 1st April 2015, all goods and services may be subjected to GST 6% upon checkout.
MCIL Multimedia Sdn.Bhd.(515740-D)
Copyright ©2017,Mykris Net MSC.
All Rights Reserved.