A thoughtful gift for art appreciators and admirers of the highly acclaimed Canadian artist, Alex Colville!
In 1967, Canada celebrated a key milestone in this young nation's history: the 100th anniversary of Confederation. To commemorate Canada's centennial, the Royal Canadian Mint unveiled new designs for every denomination of circulation coins. From the one-cent to the silver dollar, each featured a reverse image designed by artist Alex Colville–including the hopping rabbit that adorned the centennial five-cent coin, as recreated with this beautifully detailed coin.
Colville's choice of an animal theme was symbolic; each creature was selected to express the values and virtues that best represented the Canada he knew.
"The rabbit is common, much loved by children, perhaps because of its vulnerability. It survives by ness and speed, and is symbolically connected to the ideas of fertility, new life and promise–it is a future, or united, animal." – Alex Colville
A thoughtful gift for art appreciators and admirers of the highly acclaimed Canadian artist, Alex Colville! Order today!
• Features the unique commemorative design by famed Canadian painter Alex Colville that adorned the five-cent circulation coin in 1967!
• The obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.
• This coin's 40mm diameter size makes it double the size of the original, allowing for a larger canvas that offers a more detailed view of each coin's reverse image.
• This proof coin is 99.99% pure silver, with selective gold plating.
• A great opportunity to revisit a key Canadian milestone, and one of the most memorable years in Canada's history.
About the Design:
The reverse features the unique commemorative design by famed Canadian painter Alex Colville that adorned the five-cent circulation coin in 1967. Using multiple finishes and selective gold plating to further enhance the design, this recreation of the hopping rabbit is rendered in fine detail and on a larger scale, allowing a closer look at the original design featured on the centennial nickel. Engraved on the reverse is the face value "5 CENTS", the word "CANADA" and the updated year "2015". The obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin.
Mintage : 8500
Composition : 99.99% pure silver
Finish : Proof with gold plating
Weight (g) : 31.83
Diameter (mm) : 40
Edge : Serrated
Certificate : Serialized
Face Value : 5 cents
Please visit our website : https://www.goldsilver2u.com/
1. Pices are inclusive of 6% GST (where applicable)
2. We are unable to and will not accommodate to changes or cancellations on special order requests and/or orders that have already shipped.
3. Item sales are final, non-refundable and return are not accepted. The Company agrees that the quality of the item ordered, paid for, and delivered to the Customer shall be of satisfactory quality pursuant to market standard
4. Delivery time within 7-14 Business Days. Depends on your location.
5. Customer's order and follow-up request will be performed on "Business Day". Any order and request accepted or deemed accepted by both the parties after 6.00pm on an ordinary business day shall be performed on the next ordinary business day
Effective 1st April 2015, all goods and services may be subjected to GST 6% upon checkout.
subscribe and get special promotion updates
MCIL Multimedia Sdn.Bhd.(515740-D)
Copyright ©2016,Mykris Net MSC.
All Rights Reserved.