Sixth and final coin in the Legacy of the Canadian Nickel series! Order them all!
The final coin in this series features the design most people associate with the five-cent coin—the hardworking beaver. It’s represented here at almost double its original size with exceptional engraving that’s further enhanced with new sculpting techniques and multiple finishes. The beaver made its debut in 1937 when the need for a new effigy gave this young nation the perfect opportunity to introduce new, “Canadian” designs. More than 75 years later, the beaver still shines!
By 1936, George Edward Kruger-Gray was already a well-established artist whose designs graced coins throughout the British Empire. When the Royal Canadian Mint sought to give a more modern look to Canada’s circulation coins, Kruger-Gray was asked to submit design ideas; three of his designs were ultimately accepted: the maple leaves on the reverse of the penny, the Coat of Arms of Canada on the 50-cent piece, and the beaver design for the 5-cent coin. This new 5-cent coin design was first issued in 1937; today, Kruger-Gray’s design is still found on the reverse of Canada’s 5-cent coin where it has become a beloved iconic image in its own right.
The choice of the beaver was a fitting one for the young nation, which was seeking to come into its own after gaining autonomy from Great Britain just a few years prior. The image is a nod to a hard-working animal, a cultural icon that is forever associated with Canada’s fur-trading past and the beauty of its wilderness.
A beautiful recreation of the classic nickel beaver design! Order yours today!
• The Beaver design is the sixth and final coin in the Legacy of the Canadian Nickel series, which revisits previous 5-cent coin designs that were produced by the Royal Canadian Mint throughout its history.
• THIS PROOF COIN IS MORE THAN DOUBLE ITS ORIGINAL SIZE: This offers you a magnified view of the detailed engraving, as well as the new sculpting and finishes that bring added depth to this faithful replica.
• This proof coin is 99.99% pure silver, with selective gold plating.
About the Design:
Finely detailed engraving faithfully recreates the reverse image that was first introduced in 1937, while multiple finishes and selective gold plating bring added definition to G. E. Kruger-Gray’s well-known design. With a chewed log lying by its side (at left), a beaver perches atop a rock-studded mound that rises up from the rippled surface of the water below. Above the beaver, the engraved face value “5 CENTS” is framed on both sides by a maple leaf; Kruger-Gray’s initials are engraved next to the mound while below it is the word “CANADA” and the year “2015”. The coin’s reverse image is trimmed with a repetitive dotted engraving.
Mintage : 8500
Composition : 99.99% pure silver
Finish : Proof with selective gold-plating
Weight (g) : 31.83
Diameter (mm) : 40
Edge : Serrated
Certificate : Serialized
Face Value : 5 cents
Please visit our website : https://www.goldsilver2u.com/
1. Pices are inclusive of 6% GST (where applicable)
2. We are unable to and will not accommodate to changes or cancellations on special order requests and/or orders that have already shipped.
3. Item sales are final, non-refundable and return are not accepted. The Company agrees that the quality of the item ordered, paid for, and delivered to the Customer shall be of satisfactory quality pursuant to market standard
4. Delivery time within 7-14 Business Days. Depends on your location.
5. Customer's order and follow-up request will be performed on "Business Day". Any order and request accepted or deemed accepted by both the parties after 6.00pm on an ordinary business day shall be performed on the next ordinary business day
Effective 1st April 2015, all goods and services may be subjected to GST 6% upon checkout.
subscribe and get special promotion updates
MCIL Multimedia Sdn.Bhd.(515740-D)
Copyright ©2016,Mykris Net MSC.
All Rights Reserved.